Bio and Resume
I have drawn and painted obsessively for as long as I can remember and have always followed my own path of individual expression. I am not a representational or regional artist as it is my firm belief that visual art, like music, must communicate across all language and cultural barriers. Since the 1980s I have been fortunate enough to travel extensively and exhibit my work in many different countries. I am also fortunate in that I am able to work full time at my painting in my studio/home in Christchurch, New Zealand.
'SONGS FOR SYDNEY'. The Global Gallery of Sydney presents a collection of new paintings from International award winning artists: Keith Morant, Carol Rowling, Olivia Alexander and Sculpture by Rhonda Cao.
Global Gallery, 5 Comber Street, Paddington, Sydney, NSW.
- January: Represented by 2120 Gallery, Brisbane, Australia.
- April: Art Melbourne 2010, Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne, Australia.
- May: Represented by Manhattan International Arts, New York.
- May: Galleria Marchi, Bologna, Italy.
- June: Represented by Patrick International Art, Stratford, Ontario, Canada.
- October/November: Exhibiting with Trevisan International Art: 'Creative Energy' Castle Estense, Ferrara, Italy.
- January: Premio San Valentino International art exhibition, (Taranto, Puglia) Southern Italy. First Prize. 'Medaglia del Presidente della Repubblica' (The President of the Republic's Medal).
- June – November: ‘Works on Paper, A Global Perspective’. Presented by World Art Media and NY Arts and held concurrent with the 53rd Venice Biennale. June 7th – November 22nd. (Following the closure of the NY Arts Pavillion in Venice, this exhibition was moved to NY Arts gallery Beijing where it was on view for one month).
- August: "A Dream of Dark Colours", Solo Exhibition, Bryce Gallery. Christchurch, New Zealand.
- October: Imaginary Journeys’. An International exhibition curated by Paola Trevisan of Trevisan International Art and presented at the historic Estense Castle in Ferrara, Italy. Presented with special Award: "Services to Art"
- Exhibition: Trevisan International Art 'Traces of Memory', Estense Castle, Ferrara, Italy.
Award: "Premio Ercole D'Este della Critica Award" (Critics Choice)
- Represented by Bryce Gallery, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 'Harmony Of Elements', (four artists), NoHo Gallery, New York
- Solo Exhibition 'Morant In Manhattan' Access Art, New York.
- Solo Exhibition: 'Italia' Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Exhibition of International Art, 'San Valentino' Vico del Garno, Italy.
Award: "Premio Internazionale"
- Group exhibition with Trevisan International Art, 'Little Treasures', Bologna, Italy.
- Biennale Internazionale Dell'Arte Contemporanea, Florence, Italy.
Award:"Lorenzo il Magnifico, Premio alla Carriera" for 'Lifetime Achievement in Art'
- Exhibition: Trevisan International Art 'The Spirit In Art', Estense Castle, Ferrara, Italy.
Award: "Manifestation Of The Spirit In Art"
- International Contemporary Art Fair. Istanbul.
- 'Apple II': World Art Media, NY, Touring exhibition to Valencia, Beijing and New York.
- 'The Woodhaven Paintings' Solo Exhibition, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Group show 'White'. Broadway Gallery, New York.
- Exhibited Broadway Gallery, New York.
- Represented through World Art Media at The Armory Show, Manhattan, New York.
- Solo Exhibition 'Mixed Media' Christchurch, NZ.
- Solo Exhibition 'Music For Manhattan' Broadway Gallery, New York.
- Solo Exhibition: 'Towards The Light' Christchurch, NZ.
- The Armory Show, New York and Art Basel, Miami Florida
- Represented by World Art Media, New York at Art Basel International Art Fair, Miami, Florida, USA.
- Representation and Solo shows, Christchurch, NZ.
- NZ Representative, International Congress For Peace. M.O.M.A. Tokyo. Japan
- Solo Exhibition, New Zealand House, London.
- Recipient of Montana National Art Award, New Zealand
- 'Art Notes' (The Psychology of Creativity) published by World Art Media, New York Arts Magazine Vols 11-3/4, 11-5/6, 2006
- Interview with Yilmaz Zenger. NY Arts Magazine Vol 11-9/10 2006
- Music For Manhattan reviewed by Simone Cappa, NY Arts vol 1/2 2007
- Review 'Contemporary Hieroglyphics' by Jill Smith. NY Arts Magazine. 2008
- ‘Premiato a Ferrara e a Firenze’ Article in ‘Art Journal’. Italy. 2008