Bio and Resume
I have drawn and painted obsessively for as long as I can remember and have always followed my own path of individual expression. I am not a representational or regional artist as it is my firm belief that visual art, like music, must communicate across all language and cultural barriers. Since the 1980s I have been fortunate enough to travel extensively and exhibit my work in many different countries. I am also fortunate in that I am able to work full time at my painting in my studio/home in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Pleased my painting Tauranga 9 is included in the 2016 calender of Craig Investment Partners, NZ
Solo exhibition: Magma Gallery, Christchurch, NZ
Monetary award for 'The Healing Power of Art' exhibition, Manhattan Arts International, New York.
Tonic, Mixed media on canvas 765 x 765mm
Solo exhibition at Materiagrigia Gallery (director Gianlucca Ballarin) Dorsoduro 1750 Venice. Publication of book and video 'Morant in Venice' to accompany this show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KC0_7Pi2No&feature=youtube View exhibition at, http://www.materiagrigia.info/
Little Treasures. International Exhibition curated by Paola Trevisan, Bologna, Italy.
Exhibition ‘Variations’ at Galeria de Marchi, Bologna, Italy.
Curated by Trevisan International Art.
‘Pasajes’ at the Ateneo, Calle Prado, Madrid.
Exhibition curated by Paola Trevisan and Rosa Mascarell for 16 selected International artists and sculptors.
Beth Hulme gallery & studio
646a Nicholson Street, Fitzroy North, Melbourne, VIC, 3068
Open: Thur/Fri 11.00-5.30pm at 11.00 - 4.00pm
TREVISAN INTERNATIONAL ART, Ferrara and Bologona, ITALY
Galleria de’Marchi, Bologna, Italy.
Exhibition of 492 paintings by 123 International artists.
Honoured with the ‘Peoples Choice’ Award.
'SONGS FOR SYDNEY'. The Global Gallery of Sydney presents a collection of new paintings from International award winning artists: Keith Morant, Carol Rowling, Olivia Alexander and Sculpture by Rhonda Cao.
Global Gallery, 5 Comber Street, Paddington, Sydney, NSW.
- January: Represented by 2120 Gallery, Brisbane, Australia.
- April: Art Melbourne 2010, Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne, Australia.
- May: Represented by Manhattan International Arts, New York.
- May: Galleria Marchi, Bologna, Italy.
- June: Represented by Patrick International Art, Stratford, Ontario, Canada.
- October/November: Exhibiting with Trevisan International Art: 'Creative Energy' Castle Estense, Ferrara, Italy.
- January: Premio San Valentino International art exhibition, (Taranto, Puglia) Southern Italy. First Prize. 'Medaglia del Presidente della Repubblica' (The President of the Republic's Medal).
- June – November: ‘Works on Paper, A Global Perspective’. Presented by World Art Media and NY Arts and held concurrent with the 53rd Venice Biennale. June 7th – November 22nd. (Following the closure of the NY Arts Pavillion in Venice, this exhibition was moved to NY Arts gallery Beijing where it was on view for one month).
- August: "A Dream of Dark Colours", Solo Exhibition, Bryce Gallery. Christchurch, New Zealand.
- October: Imaginary Journeys’. An International exhibition curated by Paola Trevisan of Trevisan International Art and presented at the historic Estense Castle in Ferrara, Italy. Presented with special Award: "Services to Art"
- Exhibition: Trevisan International Art 'Traces of Memory', Estense Castle, Ferrara, Italy.
Award: "Premio Ercole D'Este della Critica Award" (Critics Choice)
- Represented by Bryce Gallery, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 'Harmony Of Elements', (four artists), NoHo Gallery, New York
- Solo Exhibition 'Morant In Manhattan' Access Art, New York.
- Solo Exhibition: 'Italia' Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Exhibition of International Art, 'San Valentino' Vico del Garno, Italy.
Award: "Premio Internazionale"
- Group exhibition with Trevisan International Art, 'Little Treasures', Bologna, Italy.
- Biennale Internazionale Dell'Arte Contemporanea, Florence, Italy.
Award:"Lorenzo il Magnifico, Premio alla Carriera" for 'Lifetime Achievement in Art'
- Exhibition: Trevisan International Art 'The Spirit In Art', Estense Castle, Ferrara, Italy.
Award: "Manifestation Of The Spirit In Art"
- International Contemporary Art Fair. Istanbul.
- 'Apple II': World Art Media, NY, Touring exhibition to Valencia, Beijing and New York.
- 'The Woodhaven Paintings' Solo Exhibition, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Group show 'White'. Broadway Gallery, New York.
- Exhibited Broadway Gallery, New York.
- Represented through World Art Media at The Armory Show, Manhattan, New York.
- Solo Exhibition 'Mixed Media' Christchurch, NZ.
- Solo Exhibition 'Music For Manhattan' Broadway Gallery, New York.
- Solo Exhibition: 'Towards The Light' Christchurch, NZ.
- The Armory Show, New York and Art Basel, Miami Florida
- Represented by World Art Media, New York at Art Basel International Art Fair, Miami, Florida, USA.
- Representation and Solo shows, Christchurch, NZ.
- NZ Representative, International Congress For Peace. M.O.M.A. Tokyo. Japan
- Solo Exhibition, New Zealand House, London.
- Recipient of Montana National Art Award, New Zealand
- 'Art Notes' (The Psychology of Creativity) published by World Art Media, New York Arts Magazine Vols 11-3/4, 11-5/6, 2006
- Interview with Yilmaz Zenger. NY Arts Magazine Vol 11-9/10 2006
- Music For Manhattan reviewed by Simone Cappa, NY Arts vol 1/2 2007
- Review 'Contemporary Hieroglyphics' by Jill Smith. NY Arts Magazine. 2008
- ‘Premiato a Ferrara e a Firenze’ Article in ‘Art Journal’. Italy. 2008